ADHD: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Parents, who have children suffering from this condition, are always in search of “Home Remedies” which can be beneficial. So now we will discuss about the home remedies, vitamins, minerals and herbs which are beneficial to relieve the symptoms of ADHD.
- Consumption of Fish Oil works as one of the effective home remedies for ADHD.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are very essential for children suffering from ADHD. So give Flax Seed Oil to them. Fish high in Omega 3 fatty acids include salmon, mackerel. Giving omega 3, fatty acids as olive oil, Green oats is also advisable.
- Reduce the intake of sugar in children.
- If the parents observe, that on taking some specific foods or food colors or preservatives that increases hyper activity, then avoid them.
- Brain Researcher and ADHD expert, Dr. Daniel Amen, recommends diet suggestions for ADHD children, which is High protein diet like cheese, meat, nuts, and eggs beans. Fruits including Orange, pears, grapefruits, apples and kiwi.
Remedies for Anxiety
In this article I am going to discuss about a certain home remedies that one can follow to get relief from Anxiety and stress.
Anxiety is painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind used over an impending or anticipated illness. An abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physiological signs such as sweating, tension and increased pulse, and by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and also self doubt about one’s capacity to cope with it.
The root meaning of the word anxiety is to get vexed or troubled in either presence or absence of psychological stress.
Causes: Stress, genetics, life threatening illness like cancer produces lingering anxiety, traumatic events of childhood like losing a parent can be responsible for anxiety.
For people with anxiety disorders, worry and fear are constant, overwhelming and can be crippling.
Symptoms: An unrealistic view of problems, restlessness, irritability, muscle tension headache, sweating, difficulty in concentrating, tiredness, dizziness, dry mouth, feeling of panic, soreness of mouth.
- Passiflower or Passiflora incarnate is a folk remedy for anxiety.
- Fennel relieves anxiety related gastrointestinal upsets, flatulence and abdominal tension. It has negligible side effects. Herbal supplements containing Fennel with other herbs which have a property to reduce anxiety should be advisable.
- Oats relaxes and strengthens the nervous system. Oats is one of the best foods for nervous system.
Arthritis, Rheumatism remedies
drying them a bit, make a powder of these rolls and add a little bit of sugar. Take about 60 grams of this twice a day.
- Cut a Potato into small pieces without removing the skin. Soak it in cold water overnight. Drink this water early in the morning.
In this article I am going to discuss home remedies for Arthritis and Rheumatism.
The word Arthritis means inflammation of the joints. It is derived from the Greek word Athron, means that Pain is excruciating and it does not allow a person to lead normal pain free life. In addition, inflammation, stiffness also occurs in the joints.
Exposure to water for extended period, to cold, for a long time is some of the common causes of Arthritis and Inflammation. Genetics, age, infections, trauma, deficiency of organic sodium, minerals, mental or physical strain, obesity, cold weather, accumulation of Ama Tatva or impurities in the body are also some other causes.
Ayurveda believes that when the digestive power of body gets weakened, then the residue of Aahar Ras or undigested food material gets accumulated in different parts of the body. This is known as Aam Tatva and when this gets accumulated in joints, Arthritis or Rheumatism occurs. The main symptom in this case is Joint Pain and stiffness of joints.
There is no cure for Arthritis and Rheumatism. One can only adopt a number of techniques which can control the Joint Pain, inflammation and keep the person active.
The following are some of the remedial measures used to combat joint pain (Arthritis, Rheumatism, Stiffness, Inflammation)- Intake of Garlic in food is recommended. Garlic has the potential to relieve the problems of Arthritis as it has an anti-inflammatory and Vatshamak properties.
Acidity, Constipation remedies
In this article I am going to be discussion about constipation mostly and home remedies that are useful.
Food plays a very important role in maintaining good health. The food
we eat is an invaluable gift given to us by ‘Mother Nature.’ Nature
provides it to us in its absolutely pure and raw form. We cook it to
make it readily eatable. The place where we do this is our kitchen which
becomes a major platform for producing a good, wholesome and healthy
meal for the entire family.
Ayurveda always say that “Prevention is better than cure”. Here are home remedies which help with acidity, stomach discomfort and constipation. In this article we are going discussing about some specific digestive problems.
Acidity also known as hyperacidity-
It is the condition of producing more than the normal amount of acid in stomach. It occurs, when hydrochloric acid, an essential component of the digestive juices, is produced in excess.
Possible Indications: Burning sensation in stomach & throat, vertigo, nausea, vomiting, uneasiness, burning sensation in esophagus after a meal, frequent hunger & dry throat, flatulence after meal, regurgitation of acid into esophagus etc.
- Chew on a piece of Chebulic fruit (available also as supplements) between meals.
- Drink cold milk 3 to 4 times a day.
- Drink carrot juice and juice of Pomegranate (available also as supplements).
- Use Coriander, black pepper, Cumin seeds during cooking, for easy digestion.
- Take fiber rich food.
Remedies, Frozen Shoulder, Adhesive capsulitis
In this article I am going to discuss about Adhesive Capsulitis or frozen shoulder and natural remedies that can be followed at home to alleviate this condition.
Frozen Shoulder is a condition where one’s shoulder is affected by severe pain and stiffening. It is also known as Adhesive Capsulitis. The words Adhesive Capsulitis are derived from the Latin word adharens, meaning “Sticking to” and capsule meaning “little container” and the Greek word its meaning is inflammation. This painful and disabling condition often causes great frustration in people.
In frozen shoulder or Adhesive capsulitis the pain is usually constant and may aggravate at night. In such cases, movement of the shoulder gets severely restricted. It occurs mostly in people between the age of 40 and 60. About 70% of cases occur in females. If one takes an x-ray of such a person, the shoulder will appear to be normal and healthy and it cannot be detected.
There are three stages of frozen shoulder or Adhesive Capsulitis -
A) Painful stage B) Frozen stage C) Thawing stage.
Adhesive Capsulitis or Frozen shoulder mostly occurs in the people suffering from Diabetes, Thyroid issues, Chronic inflammatory arthritis, after a chest or breast surgery and after a fracture of the arm.
One should practice mild physiotherapy exercises every day, so that shoulder muscles does not become stiffer.
- Apply the paste of Curcuma Longa or Turmeric on the frozen shoulder twice a day. One can use Turmeric supplements also.
- Take a leaf of Erand or Ricinus Communis; apply a little sesame oil on it. Warm it and keep for about 1 hour on the frozen shoulder twice a day.
Home Remedies for BPH, Prostate health
This article is about BPH, causes, symptoms and some of the home remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
BPH: Benign prostatic hyperplasia- The prostate is a male sex gland. Prostate gland is a firm, partly muscular, partly glandular body that is situated about the base of the mammalian male urethra and secretes an alkaline viscid fluid which is a major constituent of the ejaculatory fluid. BPH or Prostate enlargement is the benign growth of the prostate gland. BPH is a condition in which an overgrowth of prostate tissue pushes against the prostatic urethra and the bladder, blocking the release of urine. In this article one will hear more about how to alleviate BPH conditions by use of certain home remedies.
- Pumpkin seeds are advisable. These seeds are a rich source of zinc. Researchers show that pumpkin seed oil contains a compound, which helps to slow down the growth of prostate. The oil contains carotenoids.
- Soya products are also advisable. Soya based foods help to prevent the growth of capillaries forming around the prostate.
- Eat tomatoes daily. Lycopene is a bioflavonoid extracted from tomatoes. It reduces dribbling.
- Zinc is advisable in BPH disorders.
Home Herbal remedies for Dandruff
This article is about Dandruff, causes, and some of the home and herbal remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Dandruff: scurf that forms on the skin especially of the scalp and comes off in small white or grayish scales.
Causes: Poor blood circulation in the head, too oily head, poor nutrition, deficiency of zinc, fungus, yeast infections etc.
To deal with the problem of Dandruff, let us discuss about the home and natural remedies that would be helpful.
- Take apple juice and warm water in equal quantity. Apply it on the hair. Then leave it for 10 minutes. Then wash the hair.
- Application of processed henna powder is advisable.
- Apply juice of lime on the head and then wash it. Lime acts as an antioxidant.
- Olive oil is a natural moisturizing agent. Take lukewarm olive oil. Apply on the scalp in circular motion. After one hour, wash it with mild hair shampoo.
- Soak lemon peels and Shikakai (Acacia concinna) in
boiling water. Keep this for 5 to 6 hours. Then strain it. Use this
mixture to rinse hair after shampooing.
Remedies for Depression
This article is about depression, causes, symptoms and some of the home and herbal remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Depression: A state of being depressed i.e. a) a state of feeling sad. b) a psychoneurotic or psychotic disorder marked by sadness, inactivity, difficulty thinking and concentration, a significant increase or decrease in appetite and time spent sleeping, feeling of dejection and hopelessness, sometimes accompanied by suicidal thoughts or an attempt to commit suicide, a reduction in functional activity, amount, quality or force.
Causes: Traumatic events such as loss of a job, social isolation, and certain medications like beta blockers can increase the risk of depression, personal conflicts, neurological disorders, nutritional deficiency of B12 or B6, Pre menstrual syndrome, genetics, stressful events, health problems like cancer, heart disease, thyroid problems, chronic pain etc. increase the risk of depression.
Symptoms : Continuously in sad mood, feeling hopeless, feeling guilty, inability to concentrate, feeling of getting run down, not getting any enjoyment out of life, change in appetite or in sleeping pattern, having difficulty in maintaining relations within the family or with friends, lack of interest in sex, feeling anxious, suicidal thoughts etc.
- Learn to laugh.
- Studies done on depression found that people who have a low level of selenium, become more anxious and depressed. So intake of selenium products like Brazil nuts, oysters and sunflower seed should help.
- Take well balanced diet which includes antioxidants, multivitamins and mineral supplements.
I am going to discuss Diarrhea and remedies that can be followed at home.
Diarrhea is an abnormally frequent intestinal evacuation with more or less fluid stools. It is also defined as passage of loose, watery stools with increased frequency. Diarrhea is common in all age groups and we hope to look at some home remedies below.
Diarrhea mostly occurs due to infection in the alimentary canal by a virus or a bacteria. If the sanitation is poor, then the food gets contaminated by Enterotoxingenic E-coli and produces Diarrhea.
Growth of bacteria in small intestine, inflammatory bowel diseases, infectious diseases, intake of polluted water, etc causes Diarrhea. Non -steroidal -anti-inflammatory drugs, Antibiotics, chemotherapy drugs also cause Diarrhea. The parasite Cyclospora also can produce this condition.
Symptoms for Diarrhea includes, Stomach ache/stomach pain, nausea, abdominal pain, fevers, headaches, excessive thirst, dry mouth, less urination and others.
- Increase fluid intake.
- Avoid dairy products.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to fresh juice of Amla or Indian gooseberry and drink it. Amla extracts also might be available as herbal supplements.
- Intake of Yogurt along with ginger juice is advisable.
- Barley water and Carrot soup is beneficial.
- Drink buttermilk after adding a little amount of roasted cumin seed powder and a little amount of black salt to it.
- Drink boiled water.
Remedies for Dry Cough
In this article I will discuss remedies for dry cough that one can follow at home.
Cough is a condition manifesting itself by frequent coughing. Cough
is an explosive expulsion of air from the lungs acting as a protective
mechanism to clear the air passage or as a symptom of pulmonary
disturbance. Dry cough is the most prevalent followed by Wet and
Allergic coughs. In this article we will be discussing remedies for dry
cough and also for the other two.
Acute cough (sudden onset) lasts for less than 3 weeks. Sub-acute cough gets better over 3 to 8 weeks. Chronic cough lasts for more than 8 weeks.
Causes of Dry Cough: As per Ayurveda, aggravation of Kapha Dosha leads to a cough. Cold weather, excessive intake of ice cream and cold drinks, excessive intake of sour food like curd, cigarette smoking, sinus problems, allergic Rhinitis, asthma, medications used to control blood pressure, common cold, frequent change in weather result in all the forms of coughs.
Home remedies are beneficial for acute cough. But if the cough is chronic and accompanied by other secondary manifestations like Pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis etc. then urgent medication is required. But for ordinary common dry cough, wet cough and more, home remedies are the best option as they have negligible side effects.
- Take 2 cups of water. Add 4 to 5 cloves of garlic to it. Boil it, till one cup of water remains. Filter it. Cool it and drink it.
- Mix honey with Carrot juice and drink it.
- Take Black pepper, Long Pepper and Ginger powders in equal proportions. Mix them and take this powder twice daily with honey.
Dysmenorrhea, Menstrual cramps remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about home remedies for Painful menstruation or menstrual cramps.
Menstrual cramps are of two types, primary and secondary. Dysmenorrhea is the most common problem with women. Nearly 90% get affected by this condition.
The main symptom of menstrual cramps is a pain in lower abdomen or in the umbilical region or in the suprapabic region of the abdomen. This pain may radiate to the thighs and lower back. Dysmenorrhea is often related to the changes occurring at hormonal levels in all women. Nausea, vomiting, headaches, irritation, anxiety, constipation, burning sensation are all the symptoms that can occur along with abdominal pain.
Molecular compounds called prostaglandins are released during menstruation. Release of prostaglandins and other inflammatory mediators in the uterus cause the uterus to contract. These substances are thought to be a major factor in primary Dysmenorrhea or menstrual cramps. Ref. Wright, Jason and solang wyatt. The Washington Manual Obstetrics and Gynecology survival Guide. Lippincott Williams and wilkins, 2003. ISBNO- 7817-4363 – X
Dysmenorrhea is called ‘Primary’ when there is no specific abnormality. Secondary Dysmenorrhea may be caused by endometriosis, fibroid tumors or due to infection in the pelvic region.
The most common and popular choice to treat menstrual cramps is “Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These include Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. But there could be certain side effects of these NSAID drugs.
- Magnesium is useful to relieve menstrual cramps. Sources – Nuts,
Green leafy vegetable and whole grains, Spinach, Yogurt, Peas.
- Take Herbal teas like – Mint, Blackberry, and Chamomile.
- Clinical studies have suggested that calcium supplementation provides relief during this time especially in the women over 40.
- Take a piece of ginger; boil it in a cup of water. Filter it and drink it once a day or one can increase the amount of ginger in cooking.
- Drink pineapple juice. Pineapple contains bromelain which is known for its muscle relaxant properties.
Dry skin, Acne, remedies
I am going to discuss about Acne, Dry skin and all the home remedies that can be followed.
“As long as we are not living in harmony with nature and our constitution we cannot expect ourselves to be really healthy” says Acharya David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri) who is an unusual western born knowledge-holder in the Vedic tradition. To maintain harmony with nature one has to know about “Nature At Home” or about home remedies.
The human skin is of three types –
Normal Skin: Smooth texture. No excessive oil even in the forehead, nose and chin areas.
Oily Skin: Enlarged pores, shiny appearance and always feels greasy to the touch.
Dry Skin: Thin skin, fine pores, dryness, roughness, dull appearance
Combination skin: Oily skin in forehead, nose and chin areas and dry or normal skin under the eyes.
From time, it has been man’s attempt to understand what causes aging, how to slow and delay this process and how to maintain one’s youth. The ancient system of Ayurveda has mentioned herbs which help to maintain the skin’s youth. All these herbs were used to develop formulations for Kings and Royal families. Now we shall discuss about such herbs, fruits and vegetables from which home remedies can be made.
- Apply Tomato (Lycopersicon Esculentum) juice to remove wrinkles.
- The paste of Nutmeg (Myristica Fragrans) is also useful to remove wrinkles from the skin and to give fair complexion to skin.
- Make a paste of Almond and Milk and add Rose water to it. Apply
this paste on the face for 15 minutes. Wash it with water. It will help
remove blemishes and will give a health complexion to skin.
Blood Sugar, remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about blood sugar and natural remedies that one can follow at home.
Noninsulin dependent Diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) is a disease which is closely linked to lifestyle and is rapidly increasing and reaching epidemic proportion. Development of Diabetes Mellitus is associated with increased mortality and a high risk of developing vascular, renal, retinal and neuropathic complications leading to premature disability and death. It is a lifelong problem. In most of the cases it is, kept under control by daily usage of drugs.
NIDDM: Common form of Diabetes mellitus that develops esp. in adults and most often in obese individuals and it is characterized by hyperglycemia resulting from impaired insulin utilization coupled with the body’s inability to compensate with increased insulin production.
The patients of NIDDM do secrete insulin although their serum insulin may be diminished, normal or even increased. The cause is unknown but several causative factors are there like strong family history of Diabetes, obesity, physical inactivity, lifestyle etc.
- A Diabetic’s diet should contain moderate proteins, high fiber and fewer carbohydrates.
Cinnamon Tamale: Is a
very powerful antioxidant. Animal studies show that constituents of
Cinnamon stimulate insulin receptors and they significantly increase the
ability of the cells to use glucose.
Common colds, Sore throat, Headaches, remedies
In this article I am going to be talking about home remedies for headaches, Sore throat and more.
In today’s world of stress and strain everybody is running for success in professional life and for money. Everyone needs happiness, but in this rat race one tends to forget, that the basis of happiness is good health. People tend to pay attention to health only when one falls sick. The sole purpose of going to a medical practitioner is to get quick relief from sickness, so that one can resume the rat race. By taking strong medicines the immunity to disease and vitality of the human body is reduced. The demand for such medicines is constantly on the rise. As everyday a new drug crops up in the market. We see advertisements of newer drugs daily and we continue to spend more and more money on such medicines.
To avoid this, we have to adopt the age old concept of “Prevention is better than cure”. And for this, we need to take a balanced approach towards diet. Let food be your medicine. Balanced food is the most safe and effective way to rejuvenate the body.
Common Cold conditions-
Common cold is a highly contagious, viral infection of the upper respiratory system. The symptoms include running nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, sore throat, cough fever and headache. It is a fact that people suffering from common cold do not take rest. This is a wrong approach as lack of rest further reduces immunity in such conditions. So, it is important to take rest.
Remedies for Cholesterol
This article is about bad Cholesterol, and some of the home and herbal remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Cholesterol: A steroidal alcohol, C27H45OH, present in animal cells and body fluids, that regulates membrane fluidity, functions as a precursor molecule in various metabolic pathways, and as a constituent of LDL may cause arteriosclerosis.
Causes: Obesity, excessive intake of alcohol, stress and strain, hereditary, fat rich food.
Symptoms: It is a silent condition, does not give any early warnings, plaque formed can damage and clog the arteries. The main problem which occurs due to increased cholesterol is Heart disease. To reduce cholesterol, dietary habits should be changed. Let us discuss about some home herbal remedies which are known to decrease bad cholesterol.
- Eat garlic on an empty stomach early in the
morning. Fibers from the outer skin of onion and garlic lowered total
lipids, total cholesterol and glyceride levels of plasma and tissues in
rats. If clove of garlic is not available take a Garlic Herbal
Corns, Calluses, Eczema, Hives, remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about natural remedies that can be followed at home for corns, Calluses & hives.
Hectic life style, pollution, excessive intake of junk food, aggravates the Pitta Dosha or digestion in a human body. This aggravates and vitiates or reduces the quality of blood giving rise to skin disorders or skin diseases. Some natural remedies for skin problems are discussed below.
Corn – A local hardening and thickening of epidermis is called as a corn.
Callus – A thickening of or a hard thickened area on the skin.
The pressure on the skin results in the skin cells dying and these dead cells form a hard surface.
Corns are small and arise on the toes, while Calluses are bigger and generally develop on the soles of the feet.
Corns, Calluses Natural remedies -
- Rub a paste of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) and Sesame oil on the affected area before going to bed.
- Raw Papaya (Carica Papaya) juice should be applied over the affected area.
- Make a paste of Chalk powder or Calcium Carbonate powder with water and apply it on the affected area.
In this article I will discuss home remedies that are simple and easy to follow for common fatigue.
Fatigue is a common problem in the society. Heavy work for prolonged
time, excessive mental activity, disturbed sleep, depression is all the
causative factors for fatigue. Some of the signs and symptoms include
tiredness, slight giddiness, body pains, lack of enthusiasm etc. Some
natural remedies for fatigue are listed below.
- Alfalfa or Medicago Sativa helps to improve appetite and to overcome fatigue. It gives energy and strength to the body.
- Withania Somnifera or Ashwagandha helps with fatigue. Take ½ teaspoon powder of Ashwagandha twice daily to help overcome the fatigue of mind as well as body. It is an adaptogenic herb. It also boosts the immune system and helps to improve the stamina.
- Grape juice is useful to overcome fatigue as it immediately brings in stamina.
- Nutritious food is advisable.
- Take Spirulina twice daily (One should consult a Medical Doctor for dosages) along with black pepper. Spirulina is a natural package of proteins, vitamins and minerals and Black pepper is bioavailability enhancer and helps for better absorption. This combination is advisable to overcome fatigue.
Hair loss remedies
I am going to discuss primarily home remedies that can be followed for hair loss in this article.
Our physical attributes are God-given and are not in our own hands.
But what can definitely be controlled by an individual is to take care
of one’s own skin, body and to make it look healthier and beautiful than
what it is as given by nature. This can be done by the proper use of
appropriate natural remedies. Here we shall discuss about various Herbal
home remedies to overcome hair problems and hair loss.
Topical herbal treatments stimulate the hair follicles and are also a safe way to cope up with different types of hair loss and to maintain healthy hair. The growth of hair occurs in repeated cycles. Each hair cycle comprises of three stages. the Active growth phase, the Catagen phase and the Telogen phase.
Causes of Hair loss -
Menopause, anemia, excessive intake of coffee, junk food, smoking, excessive intake of oily, spicy foods, fungal infections of scalp, hormonal imbalances, stress, anxiety, inadequate nutrition or imbalanced diet, dandruff etc.
Now let us discuss natural remedies for hair loss and hair problems.
- Apply fresh ‘Aloe-Vera’ Juice on scalp. This makes the hair significantly healthier.
- Apply a mixture of Rosemary and sage oils on the roots of the hair every day.
- Take fruits of Amla or Indian Gooseberry or Emblica Myrobalan with Neem leaves or Azadirachta Indica, extract the juices from them and add Coconut oil to it. The ratio of the juices and Coconut oil should be 1:4. Boil this till the water gets evaporated and cool it down. Apply this oil to the scalp once a day. It will help hair growth.
- Add the decoction of Shoe flower or Hibiscus Rosasinensis to coconut oil. Then boil it, till the water gets evaporated. Cool it down. Apply this daily, for prevention of hair loss.
Remedies for Liver cleansing
In this article I am going to discuss natural remedies that can be practiced at home for liver cleansing.
Liver is the most important organ of the body. It is a large vascular
glandular organ of the vertebrates, that secretes bile and causes
important changes in many of the substances contained in the blood which
passes through it.(For example, it converts sugars into Glycogen which
it stores up until required. It also forms urea.) In humans, it is the
largest gland in the body. We will discuss Natural remedies for liver
and cleansing going forward.
The following are the reasons that cause obstructions in Liver functions and give rise to many liver disorders. Infection, injury, excessive intake of alcohol, prolonged use of antibiotics, irregularities in dietary habits, polluted water, excessive intake of junk food etc. Some liver conditions are caused by Jaundice, Cirrhosis of liver, Fatty liver, enlarged liver etc.
Common symptoms of liver diseases include skin and eyes become yellowish, nausea, curved and whitish nails, swelling under the lower rib, frequent headache, irritability, loss of appetite etc.
Many Herbs that contain biomolecules provide therapeutic benefits as these biomolecules are generally biodegradable. They can easily be broken down into basic elements, which is why “Herbs” are preferred to treat the liver problems over synthetic drugs.
- Chicory or Cichorium Intybus is useful in liver cleansing. The juice of this plant increases the secretion of bile, hence useful in bile obstruction, sluggishness of the Liver, Jaundice and in enlargement of the Liver.
Low Blood Pressure remedies
This article is about home remedies that one can easily follow for low blood pressure.
Hypotension is abnormally low pressure of the blood and is also called low blood pressure. In such a condition heart beat is much lower than usual. This means the heart; brain and other parts of the body do not get enough blood.
Low Blood Pressure Causes: Include Dehydration, advanced diabetes, anti-depressant and sedatives usage, elevated hormonal levels during pregnancy, anemia, insufficient fluid intake, heart valve problem, etc. Beta blockers cause hypotension both by slowing the heart rate and by decreasing the pumping ability of the heart muscles. Nutritional deficiency, allergic reactions, postural hypotension are also some other causative factors.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure: Include Dizziness, light headedness, weakness, blurry vision, fainting.
If there are signs and symptoms of low blood pressure the person may need medical treatment. Let us discuss the home Remedies for low blood pressure, which have negligible side effects.
- Increase salt intake.
- Make a juice of Holy Basil leaves or Ocimum sanctum. Strain it. Mix one teaspoon of honey to it. Drink it early in the morning.
- Soak 6 to 7 Almonds overnight, remove the skin, and make a paste of it. Add this paste to a glass of warm milk and drink it.
High Blood Pressure remedies
In this article I am going to discuss home remedies that you can easily follow for high blood pressure
High blood pressure means abnormally high arterial blood pressure, such blood pressure occurring without any apparent or determinable prior organic changes in the tissues possibly of hereditary tendency, emotional tensions, faulty nutrition or hormonal influence. There are some natural remedies that can be followed to alleviate this condition.
The causative factors for high blood pressure include excessive alcohol consumption, pregnancy, smoking, obesity, stress, too much salt in-take, age, family history, hormonal disorders, usage of various drugs like contraceptive pills, steroids, pain killers etc. Lack of exercise, chronic kidney diseases, and Adrenal or Thyroid disorders also could be responsible for high blood pressure in people. In more than 95% of the cases no specific cause can be found and these people essential have hypertension. In some cases, this might lead to some abnormality leading to secondary hypertension.
The signs and symptoms may include headaches, vomiting sensation, nausea, palpitation, disturbed sleep breathlessness, blurred vision, chest pains and fatigue.
- Decrease the salt in your diet.
- Avoid stress and strain. Practice healthy relaxation techniques.
Remedies For Hemorrhoids
This article is about hemorrhoids, causes, symptoms and some of the home remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Hemorrhoids: A mass of dilated veins in swollen tissues at the margin of the anus or nearly within the rectum. Also called piles.
Causes: Low fiber diet, aging, chronic constipation, pregnancy, tumors in the pelvis area, Obesity, Diet rich with processed foods and lacking of fiber in food, bouts of diarrhea, using laxatives, anal intercourse, straining during bowel movements.
Symptoms: Pain, itching, pricking sensation, inflammation around anal region, discomfort, while passing stools with some degree of itching, bleeding through stools, a lump near the anus which may be painful. Hemorrhoid symptoms depend on the location of the hemorrhoids.
In the initial stage of Hemorrhoids, home Remedies are very effective. So one should resort to these to try and avoid surgical intervention.
- Soak figs in a glass of water overnight. Eat them early in the morning.
- Avoid pickles, fried foods, oily and spicy food, red peppers, and excessive amount of salt, egg plant products.
- Do not sit on a hard surface for a long time.
In this article I am going to discuss about Menopause and home remedies that can be easily followed.
Menopause is the period of natural cessation of menstruation in women occurring usually between the age of 45 and 50. If menopause occurs before 45, then it is known as early menopause. In some women, the menopausal changes take place without any unpleasant symptoms. The only change is that the menstrual flow stops.
Menopause symptoms -
Hot flashes, disturbed sleep, night sweats, diminished interest in sex, irritability, depression, fatigue, headache, vaginal dryness, dry skin, wrinkles, anxiety, backache, increase in palpitation, numbness etc. The above symptoms occur due to hormonal imbalance. The production of the hormones, estrogen, and progesterone gets slowed down.
Menopause, Hot flashes remedies -
- Increase the intake of Soybeans, Garlic, Apples, Pumpkin seeds, Wheat, Beets, cabbage, Oats and Cucumber.
- Mild work out and jogging is good for menopausal women.
- A glass of Carrots and Beets juice is advisable once a day. Freshly prepared fruit juices are highly recommended.
Low sperm count remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about low sperm count and the home remedies that one can follow.
The deficiency of Sperms in the semen is known as Oligospermia or low
sperm count. The symptoms include inability to conceive children, low
sex drive, pain in the testicle area etc.
The causes include obesity, underweight, men exposed to pesticides like Ethylene Dibromide and organophosphates. These men have lowered sperm count. Exposure to radiation, prolonged use of a bicycle can also be causes of low sperm count. Anabolic steroids taken for stimulating muscle strength and growth can cause testicles to shrink due to which sperm count gets decreased.
To increase sperm count, home remedies are always preferred as they have negligible side effects.
- Avoid smoking and excessive intake of alcohol.
- Avoid bitter, spicy and acidic food.
- Researchers stated that deficiency of zinc not only reduces the amount of semen but it also lowers testosterone levels essential for maintaining sex-drive.
Remedies for Sleep
This article is about sleep, problems and some of the home and herbal remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Sleep: The natural periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are restored.
Disturbed sleep: Showing symptoms of emotional illness. People, who have problems of disturbed sleep, don’t even have an idea as to what is disturbing their sleep.
Causes: A disturbed sleep pattern, dream anxiety, stress and strain, fever, menopause, pregnancy, iron deficiency, pregnancy, menstruation, Heartburn, aging, anxiety, chronic pain, enlarged prostate, late shift work, sleeping too much during day time, medications like ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine, jet lag etc.
What should one do for sound sleep? Let us discuss about the home and herbal remedies and about some techniques which one needs to adopt for sound sleep.
Remedies for Sleep -
- Herbal teas containing Chamomile, Passion flower and lemon balm are advisable. If the tea is not available then try to take the herbal supplements containing the aforesaid herbs.
- The use of lavender oil for its smell in the bed room is advisable.
- Try to do deep breathing exercises.
In this article I am going to discuss about Tonsillitis and home remedies that can be easily followed.
Tonsillitis is inflammation of the tonsils of varying degrees of
severity and involving simple inflammation associated with acute
Pharyngitis, to Streptococcus infection (as in strep throat), or the
formation of an abscess as in Quinsy. We will discuss natural remedies
Causes: Tonsillitis is usually caused by a virus, the most common virus being Adenovirus, Rhinovirus, Influenza Corona virus and respiratory Syncytial virus. Bacteria can also cause Tonsillitis. The most common bacterial cause of Tonsillitis is group A, Beta Hemolytic Streptococcus (GABHS).
Tonsillitis can also be caused by Fungi, by Epstein Barr virus, Herpes simplex virus. It can be spread by close contact of an infected person.
Symptoms : Sore throat, fever, pain in the area of tonsils, difficulty in swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, white patches in the area of tonsils, headaches, pain while swallowing, tenderness in jaw & throat area.
- Gargle with antiseptic mouth wash.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt in a cup of lukewarm water. Gargle with this water. Repeat it as and when required. It will help to sooth the throat and to relieve pain and irritation.
- Add a pinch of Curcuma Longa (Turmeric powder) in lukewarm milk. Drink this before going to bed for about a week. One can also use Turmeric Curcumin supplements.
Remedies for Toothache
In this article I am going to discuss about toothache causes, symptoms and some of the home remedies that can be followed easily.
Toothache: Pain in or around a tooth, also called as odontalgia.
Causes: Dental cavity, cracked tooth, infected teeth, ulceration on the gums due to excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars. Gum diseases, formation of the cavities in the teeth, infection and diseases of the ears and sinuses can also cause pain around the teeth, irritation of the tooth root, dental abscess, bad eating habits like over indulgence in sweets, ice creams, soft drinks, sour and sugary items also are causes.
Symptoms: Toothache may be constant throughout the day and night or it may occur now and then for a short period of time depending on the degree of dental damage. Headaches, pain while eating, bleeding or discharge around the tooth, swelling of increased pain when chewing are some of the symptoms.
- Antiseptic lotion for gargling can be used.
- Take clove oil, eucalyptus oil in equal parts, apply this on affected area.
- Make a paste of cloves of garlic with little rock
salt and apply on the affected area and this helps to relieve toothache.
Garlic is a good pain killer with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
properties. It contains allicin which gives the antibiotic effect.
Weak Memory remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about weak memory, memory loss and natural remedies that one can follow at home.
Memory means the power or process of reproducing or recalling what has been learned and retained especially through associative mechanisms, the storage of things learned and retained from an organism’s activity or experience indicated by behavior or by recall and recognition.
There are many causative factors for weak memory. Many times people tend to forget things which are not interesting, or simply lack concentration. Today’s competitive environment and associated burdens are a cause of concern for adults and children as this creates immense stress, giving rise to the problem of weak memory.
Causative factors of Weak Memory -
- Fits or Epilepsy
- Stress and strain
- Deficiency of Vit B1 or B12
- Chronic alcoholism
- Soak 7 Almonds in water overweight, make a paste of this, and add to warm milk, and drink this milk daily.
- Walnuts are also beneficial to improve memory.
- Antioxidants help to boost memory. So take Amla or Indian gooseberry powder or juice daily. This is also available as supplements.
- Eat Grapes, Cherries, Carrots, Apples Figs and Strawberries daily.
I hope the above listed home natural remedies help all people that are trying to address various conditions.